The need to manage supply chain risks
In the present day volatile and challenging business environment, “Supply-chain risk” is perceived as the occurrence and consequence of events that interrupt normal business, activities, operations, or processes-at any point in the end-to-end supply chain, leading to the supply chain failure. This often results in reduced operational efficiency and customer responsiveness, thereby increasing financial burden and legal liabilities. Thus, it becomes imperative to, not only, manage and treat these risks, as and when they occur, but also understand, identify and proactively control them proactively before their occurrence.
However, supply chain risk management strategies cannot be “one-size-fit all” prescriptions as they differ across individual enterprises depending on their industry, the nature of their extended supply chains, and their tolerance for risk (or risk appetite). The objective of this program is to empower managers with knowledge and tools to identify, analyses and manage supply chain risks, in the context of their unique organisational characteristics and supply chain processes.
Who should attend?
Supply chain risk management strategies will be of value to managers across all sectors including energy, utilities, manufacturing, technology, retail, ecommerce, transportation, finance, government, and infrastructure.
This program is ideally suited for middle and senior-level Purchase, Operations and Logistics Managers, SME Owner/Managers, Service providers and Managers involved in design and implementation of business development strategy.
The following will particularly benefit from the program
- Decision makers influencing the organisation’s Supply Chain strategies
- Team and managers including Supply Chain Managers, Procurement Managers, Purchase heads, Contract Managers, Logistics Managers, Operations Managers etc.
How will you benefit?
- Develop a broader, more comprehensive understanding of how your company’s supply chain may be at risk
- More effectively communicate to stakeholders the realities of supply chain risks
- Build a cross-functional understanding of the building blocks for an effective Supply Chain Risk Management
- Improve your company’s Supply Chain Risk Mitigation program
- Increase operational efficiency
- Drive customer responsiveness
- Reduce costs & eliminate waste
Each session will be interactive in nature with a focus on problem solving, experience sharing and real-world case analysis.
Day 1 (10.00am-5.00pm)
- An overview of essential supply chain processes
- Supply Chain Failures -Why and how they happen?
- Understanding External, End-to-End Risks (Environment, Natural Disasters, Suppliers, Customers)
- Understanding Internal Enterprise Risks (Strategic, Tactical and Operational)
Day 2 (10.00am-5.00pm)
- Risk evaluation tools
- Devising risk management strategies
- Protecting and Securing the Supply Chain
- Crisis Management
- Continual Risk Monitoring to improve Supply Chain Performance
At the end of the Program, you will be able to:
- Analyse internal and external environments for potential supply chain risks
- Assess supply chain risks in their own organisation
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies
- Continuously monitor and review supply chain risks and control effectiveness
Dr. Anita Kumar is M.Sc. (International Marketing) from University of Strathclyde, UK and PhD in Supply Chain Management from University College Cork, Ireland. She has presented research papers in several national and international conferences and has delivered seminars/workshops at Alliance Manchester Business School, the British Council, Edinburgh, Amity University (Dubai and Singapore campuses) and University College Cork, Ireland. Besides academics, she has ten years industry experience at the middle/senior management level in distribution, retail and supply chain management in FMCG, food and pharmaceutical industries.
Next Batch start date:
Please write to email@example.com
Enquire at 1800-102-4500
Customised timings as per Program needs
1st Floor, Tower B Infinity Towers, DLF Cyber City
Gurgaon – 122001
Contact - 1800-102-4500
E-mail - Career.Advisor@bridgesom.com