The past few years has witnessed a significant growth in the Entrepreneurial spirit in India. With approximately 3,100 startups, India has become the 3rd fastest growing startup environment in the world, trailing only behind the U.S. and U.K.*
A spurt in the number of Startups in our country is resultant of the fact that Indians have now gained the confidence to chase their own dreams and work on them becoming a reality as opposed to being appointed to make someone else’s.
In many ways, our government has also been supportive of this emerging trend. Prime Minister- Narendra Modi introduced the “Start-up India” initiative which is designed to encourage entrepreneurship in even the remotest parts of the nation. This initiative includes banking and financing facilities across the country in order to help establish a strong start-up infrastructure. India is currently the third largest country in terms of tech startups, after the UK and US.
So if you have a business idea, there is no need for you to shy away from turning it into a reality. Take your next step here. BRIDGE School of Management offers its Startup and Entrepreneurship Program (SEP), brought to you jointly with TiE (The Indus Entrepreneurs) Delhi Chapter.
A nonprofit group, TiE believes in the power of ideas to change the face of entrepreneurship and supports growing businesses through five pillars of mentoring, networking, education, incubating and funding. TiE members consist of investors, leading professionals, entrepreneurs, corporate executives, angel investors – an entire ecosystem of 61 chapters across 18 countries. TiE Delhi – NCR is the largest and the most vibrant chapter across the vast TiE network.
The partnership with Bridge School of Management is part of the group’s effort in reaching out and fostering the next generation of entrepreneurs. This program has been designed in collaboration with experts and successful entrepreneurs from this association, and allows you to network with them.
With only 1 in 10,000 startups gaining traction, our program delivers sound mentorship and a viable business plan tailored to suit your startup and capable of impressing investors. SEP is designed for potential entrepreneurs, keeping in mind the challenges of a start-up.
This program is created for:
- A First-Time Entrepreneur: We will train you in creating a viable business plan and turning your idea into a full-fledged reality.
- A Family-Business Entrepreneur: We will equip you with the required business skill-set for the expansion of your business.
Further, the program is available in two versions:
- 11-month Comprehensive program
- 7-monthFast track program
The Program is available in two versions:
- 11-month Comprehensive program- This has been developed to give a comprehensive training from idea scoping to a creating a viable, vetted business plan. If you are a First Time Entrepreneur, we recommend this program.
- 7-month Fast track program- This gives an experienced management professional with business skills required in starting up a business. A Family-Business Entrepreneur can also join this program for Business skills tool kit for business expansion. It will cover 6 of the modules listed below – namely the modules offered in months 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 10& 11.
- Individual Modules are also available.
Both programs offer mentorship, business plan incubation, weekend live sessions, workshops, but the difference lies in the aspects of the entrepreneurial journey covered.
You should choose a program depending on where you are in your entrepreneurial journey.
They have been designed in a modular structure to ensure learners are equipped with hard-core skills and competencies to take their business forward. Each module also has hands-on workshops wherein students are exposed to real-life examples and case studies.
|Month 1||Business Environment & Opportunity Scoping||Scanning the environment, spotting needs and gaps, identifying the opportunity|
|Month 2||Value Proposition & Market-Scoping||Defining the product/service, crafting the solution, building differentiation, assessing the market for it|
|Month 3||Sales, Channels & Logistics||Making your product/service available to the end-consumer|
|(a)||Efficient Operations and Supply Chain||Managing sourcing, production, inventory, are housing - efficiently and cost-effectively|
|(b)||Business Tools (Workshops)||Harnessing the power of business software e.g. Excel, PowerPoint|
|(a)||Building a Brand||Converting the product/service into a unique, attractive, consumer-relevant story|
|(b)||Building a Team (Workshops)||Hiring people and growing the organization along with the business, creating a winning culture|
|Month 6||Digital Marketing||Using digital marketing techniques to build the brand and the business|
|(a)||Business Accounting||Analyzing financial data to evaluate the business, including use of facilitating technology such as Tally|
|(b)||Company Law & Taxation (Workshops)||Registering the company, structuring legal documents, and complying with the regulatory environment|
|(a)||Business Finance||Understanding how businesses are financed, creating the optimal capital structure, and evaluating financial performance on an ongoing basis|
|(b)||Business Structure & Start-up Finance (Workshops)||Learning how to raise capital and make winning pitches|
|Month 9||Business Strategy & Planning||Putting the learnings from the previous eight months together, to build an effective and sustainable business plan|
|Month 10+11||Incubation|| |
During the Incubation, participants will have access to -
SEP will be delivered through:
- Blended Format: The mode of delivery of the program will be the Blended format which implies the use of various channels of learning content including online, live case studies and simulations, along with personal interactions with successful entrepreneurs.
- Flipped Classroom: This means that face-to-face classes will be held only on Friday evenings/weekends. During the week, you will be given online material to study and prepare for the classes, as well as assignments in which you can apply concepts taught during classroom sessions.
- With TiE, the best network of entrepreneurs is within reach. You will have workshops with successful entrepreneurs - expert guidance from folks who've done it.
- Events like “Startup bootcamp” and “Pitch day” will help you refine your business idea and learn what investors look for to raise funds.
- SEP has been designed in collaboration with experts and successful entrepreneurs.
- Bridge School and the TiE Delhi chapter have jointly developed a specialized curriculum based on real life learnings delivered by entrepreneurs/industry professionals who are successfully running their own enterprises.
- All participants shall be assigned a mentor from TiE’s rich pool of visionary entrepreneurs to support their business plan and the early phase of their entrepreneurial venture.
- 1 month of business planning + 2 months of structured idea incubation:
- One-on-one individual mentorship
- Mentor-panel of experts from domains including taxation and legal
- High- intensity Incubation boot-camp to fine-tune your business plan
- Demo Day gives you the opportunity to pitch to investors for funding your venture
- Space to facilitate and incubate your idea will be provided
- Workshops play an extremely vital role in this program.
- These workshops, delivered by TiE members give participants an opportunity to benefit from rich, vivid experiences and take notes for possible future hurdles, directly from leading entrepreneurs. After all, experience is the best teacher.
- Many entrepreneurship courses taught use obsolete content which is taught by non-entrepreneurial faculty.
- Bridge School and the TiE Delhi chapter have jointly developed a specialized curriculum based on real life learnings delivered by successful entrepreneurs themselves.
- List of a few entrepreneurs/new-business experts who are associated with this program and will act as Faculty/Mentors/Facilitators:
- Alok Mittal – Founding Board Member, Indian Angel Network | Investor
- Sunil Goyal – Managing Director, Yournest Angel Fund | Investor
- Jaspreet Bindra – Sr VP Digital Transformation, Mahindra & Mahindra | Internet
- Pawan Gadia – CEO, Ferns N Petals | Retail
- Harrish Bhatia – CEO, Dainik Bhaskar | Entertainment
- Harjeet Kohli - CFO – Bharti Enterprises | Finance
- Rajat Jain – Founder, Padup Ventures | Technology
- Vineet Singh – Co Founder, Buildzar | Internet
- Ajay Verma - Founder, Smartfleet Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd. | Technology
- Rajiv Bajaj – CEO & Managing Partner, Nomura Research Institute | Management Consulting
- Naresh Vij – Founder, Kaveri Consultants | Apparels & Textiles
- Rajesh Puri – Former CEO, Meru Cabs | Radio Cab Services
Participants will be awarded with a Certificate of Completion of the Start-up and Entrepreneurship Program jointly from Bridge School of Management & TiE, Delhi Chapter. The Certification will require a minimum level of academic performance and also cover areas such as attendance, discipline and adherence to school policies.
At the end of the program, you will:
- Become Business Savvy: After the successful completion of the program, you will have developed a rich understanding of the management concepts and skills required for successful creation and running of a start-up enterprise. You would have a grasp of all facets of business planning, evaluation and functional execution to launch an entrepreneurial venture.
- Network with entrepreneurs: You will also be provided with several opportunities to network with successful entrepreneurs and venture capitalists, to both derive inspiration and support from them, as also to identify mentors and backers for your entrepreneurial venture.
- Incubate your idea: The last three months of the program are geared towards helping you craft a business plan and incubate it. All assistance will be provided to you in the launch of the entrepreneurial venture.
By the end of the program, you will have a viable business plan, vetted by successful entrepreneurs and angel investors, and valuable mentoring in the early stages of incubation.
Eligibility: High-school completion (12th grade pass) and competency in English are the minimum requirements. (Graduates are preferred)
- Aspirants have to submit a Statement of Purpose
- There will be an interview with a senior member of the academic team
You may be:
- A first-time entrepreneur aiming to start something new of your own
- A family- business entrepreneur aiming to take your business to new heights
Gurgaon and Noida
Next Batch Start Date:
18th March 2017
SEP: Rs. 3,00,000 + Applicable Taxes
SEP Fast-Track: Rs. 2,00,000 + Applicable Taxes
Individual modules: Rs. 40,000 + applicable taxes
Enquire at 1800-102-4500
Virtual learning 24x7
Weekend classes with Industry faculty
To know about the Industry faculty, Click here
1st Floor, Tower B Infinity Towers, DLF Cyber City
Gurgaon – 122001
Contact - 1800-102-4500
E-mail - Career.Advisor@bridgesom.com
B-1, Sector 2, Near Sec 15 Metro Station,
Noida – 201301
Contact - 1800-102-4500
E-mail - Career.Advisor@bridgesom.com
The program has been approved by Credila (An HDFC Ltd Company) and Avanse (A DHFL Group company) for 100% Higher Education loan assistance. Students can avail section 80-E tax benefits.